[weld-dev] Follow up to WELD-2611

Benjamin Confino BENJAMIC at uk.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 16:20:25 EST 2020

Hello

I heard back from my excellent L2 support colleague who has tested the
weld fix and he says that it works perfect when you append something like
"?cid=100000" to the url but not if you append "?cid=" I debugged into the
code and I believe that what is happening is that:

AbstractConversationContext.initilize treats a null or an isEmpty() cid as
as a trigger to enter the else block and call
associateRequestWithNewConversation()

However LazyHttpConversationContextImpl.checkContextInitialized() only
calls fireInitEvent() for a null cid or in the catch block for a
ConversationNotActiveException.

The two methods have differing understandings of what's triggers a new
conversation, so the "?cid=" case falls through the gap. I think this can
be fixed by adding an "|| cid.isEmpty()" to
LazyHttpConversationContextImpl.checkContextInitialized() above the
non-catch block call to fireInitEvent(), if you agree I can spin up a
couple of pull requests.

Regards
Benjamin
Unless stated otherwise above: