[weld-dev] Legal bean type question

Laird Nelson ljnelson at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:58:13 EDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 7:08 AM Matej Novotny <manovotn at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well, I wasn't there when it was written in stone, but if I were to guess,
> it's because of bean assignability.

Right.  I'm less concerned with a bean whose type is, say, List<?>: that
seems problematic immediately.

The part I'm having trouble seeing—and it is definitely my problem, I'm
sure, not the spec's—is something like List<Comparable<?>>.  Which
assignment scenario is made difficult or impossible if this were
permitted?  I'm sure there is a reason this is being prohibited; I am just
slow.  If it's the same case as List<?> then I'm missing why.

Best,
Laird