[wildfly-dev] JConsole plugin - fallback and query for management address

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Aug 5 10:48:36 EDT 2013

On 05/08/13 15:09, ssilvert at redhat.com wrote:
> On 8/5/2013 9:34 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> It's this PR https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/4662 (which we
>> closed pending discussion).
> I see now.  Perhaps Darran can elaborate on his objections.  Security
> concerns maybe?

My concern is that we still do not have a complete solution, we have
taken the default config - made one change and the feature is broken, we
now have a proposed fix to overcome that change but we are still only
one config change away from breaking it again should the local auth
mechanism be removed.

Hence the two suggestions I made for a more complete solution: -
  1 - Proxy through an MBean.
  2 - Add a 'Connect' button to the tab that allows interaction with the
user if a username and password is needed.