[wildfly-dev] PicketLink pulling in JPA (Was: Changes to the PicketLink Module)

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 22:32:01 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 09:43 PM, Fernando Ribeiro wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Jason Greene <jason.greene at redhat.com
> <mailto:jason.greene at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     If we look at this use case, its simply persisting and loading a
>     token. To me it's overkill to pull in JPA for that. I could see some
>     use cases with very complex relational designs that maybe motivates
>     you, but even then it really should be balanced with what the
>     overall architecture is going to look like.
>

> JPA may be so at this point, but not the database, which is a must-have
> in clustered PicketLink deployments.

What does a clustered PicketLink deployment look like?  Does PL rely on
the platform clustering services to notify nodes of changes to tokens in
the database (e.g. update/delete/add)?

 From [3] that you mentioned at the start of this thread, it sounds like
there is no clustering but instead some type of database polling to
check if a token is revoked.  When does the revoke check occur?  Do you
have any scalability issues here?

Do revoked Ids get removed from the database?

Scott

[3]
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6.1/html/API_Documentation/files/javadoc/org/picketlink/identity/federation/core/sts/registry/JPABasedRevocationRegistry.html