[wildfly-dev] JCA service/model names a.k.a WFLY-1656

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Tue Aug 6 11:06:16 EDT 2013

On 08/06/2013 10:48 AM, Bartosz Baranowski wrote:
> Well, I've talked with JCA guys and I've been told that it's according to design and it's all good.

I have never said there isn't an issue; providing a test case that
showed the problem could have been of benefit.

> However, there is JIRA, which has been validated by David/Carlo. Yet only feedback, from JCA team, on  subject is:
>   - "there must be public discussion before JIRA is filed" ( JIRA is public btw )

Yes, create a forum discussion for things that you aren't sure why they
are done that way such that the use-cases can be discussed.

>   - "WontFix" without any reason ( iirc issue has been closed twice ) - so it did not slip through fingers like a stealthy ninja, it has been ignored.

See above. Having a clear documented path on how things should work, and
potentially why they don't leads to clear and precise JIRAs.

> So well yeah, its amazing such patch has been created. Just to point out, such deprecatory tone in light of above, is out of place.

Welcome to the open source world.

Best regards,
  Jesper