[wildfly-dev] Copies of LazyValidatorFactory

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Wed Aug 14 15:40:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 08/14/2013 03:08 PM, Farah Juma wrote:
> However, for JCA, it doesn't seem like this will be possible since the code that currently instantiates the JCAValidatorFactory doesn't have access to the deploymentUnit (and it seems like there isn't a way to modify the code to be able to access this). Another option might be to register the ValidatorFactory as a service and then perform a manual lookup on the service.

Currently the BeanValidation integration is used to verify JCA 1.6+
based resource adapters, and passed into the deployment chain through

AbstractResourceAdapterDeploymentService::AbstractAS7RaDeployer::getBeanValidation()

so the deployment service name is available at that point. A resource
adapter can also look up a ValidatorFactory through JNDI at run-time -
there is no access through the JCA API.

Registering the ValidatorFactory as a service sounds like a solution to me.

Note, however, that resource adapter deployments doesn't support the CDI
model - at least vendor specific behavior. So investigating this would
be part of the JIRA.

> I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what approach to take for JCA or how to go about removing the JCAValidatorFactory. I've created WFLY-1882 [3] to track this.

Thank you. If you have a working branch feel free to add it as a comment.

Best regards,
  Jesper