[wildfly-dev] Push for CORS in WildFly 8

ssilvert at redhat.com ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 10:58:24 EST 2013

> To get this implemented the first thing we need is some detailed
> analysis of how the Host and Origin headers will be used by different
> browsers for the different distribution approaches we will take for
> the different consoles.
>
> We will need to take into account how this could be affected by
> proxies / firewalls etc...
>
> Considering the different distribution approaches we will need to
> consider implications for malicious consoles / web pages etc possibly
> from the same source and any options to mitigate this.
>
> But then overall it should be a case of configuration to allow a
> relaxation of the Host / Origin match with acceptable values.
Let's do this last part first.  It's not much effort to enable CORS.
Here is Herald's commit:
https://github.com/hpehl/wildfly/commit/89af5ba711502005275411820b8198f69e36269b

If we put this into WildFly 8 (disabled by default), it would allow us
to start working with it and better perform the analysis suggested by
Darran.

I propose that Herald update his commit to work with the latest code and
we go ahead and get that in.  Any objections?