[wildfly-dev] Push for CORS in WildFly 8

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Dec 10 13:00:16 EST 2013

The main problem we have with these solutions is they quickly introduce
the requirement for the transport to be confidential to prevent
interception of packets for replays.

Being confidential out of the box is never really an option, any
solution there is flawed - the best I can think of at the moment is
adding a set of management ops for key / certificate management and
updating the console to strongly push the administrator towards enabling
SSL.

The next issue is that by using standard HTTP authentication mechanisms
standard APIs can be used in many programming languages to actually call
the management interface without needing to know about alternative
authentication schemes.  But having said that supporting it in addition
to the current mechanisms should not be a problem - best case the
authentication mechanisms co-exist - worst case we have a second context
exposed that the console communicates with leaving the existing
management context as-is.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.