[wildfly-dev] Configuration of statistics gathering

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Thu Dec 12 13:36:50 EST 2013

>> Why do you single me out, dude ;)
>
> You're the guy who argued for 'true'!

I know :)

>> Sounds good, although having it as an option in each deployment
>> descriptor for each component type maybe overkill. I think an option in
>> wildfly.xml would be enough, and then override through
>> statistics-enabled via CLI.
>>

> My previous post wasn't meant to propose making this configurable in
> deployment descriptors (although maybe that's a good idea; I haven't
> really thought about it.)  I mentioned the PU descriptor just because I
> was using JPA as an example and IIRC config in the DD is part of that
> particular example. Hibernate lets the user enable/disable statistics
> via a property in persistence.xml.

Sure, if it can be done in standard deployment descriptors I have no
problem with that. But doing it in all sub-projects, and related
subsystems, is a different kettle of fish.

Overall (wildfly.xml) + run-time management commands should cover most
use-cases. People will enable/disable during the deployment life time
anyway.

Best regards,
  Jesper