[wildfly-dev] Update the Logging IDs Page

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 10:17:16 EDT 2013

> Hi all,
>
> Recently we have had some issues reported where logging IDs are
> suspected to be duplicates.
>
> Can I suggest that one thing we do need is to update the page tracking
> the reserved ID's to make it easier to identify what block is available
> next?
>
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingIds
>
> Would it would be easier if the ranges column was sequential, if a
> subsystem takes multiple allocations then it should just appear in the
> list more than once.

If I understand what you're saying correctly, what you describe is the
way it's meant to be. A quick scan shows it follows that pattern, except
for CMP which didn't have multiple lines in the table. I fixed that. If
there are others that don't follow the pattern they should be fixed.

> At the moment to find a free block you need to
> scan up and down the page to check the subsequent allocations.
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.

Principal Software Engineer