[wildfly-dev] Update the Logging IDs Page

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 20:35:56 EDT 2013

On 07/03/2013 07:42 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:
> I also had a vague thought about this. Perhaps the logging annotation processor could be changed to dump a target/logging-ids.txt file for each subsystem, which we could then use to do a check at the end of the build.
> On 3 Jul 2013, at 15:19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
There is actually LOGTOOL JIRA (
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/LOGTOOL-74) to generate reports of the
log id and message. I haven't done anything with it yet, but a simple
text file would be easy enough. My initial thought was to feed a format
in since it would essentially become a table of some sort.

>> I wonder, if we could somehow integrate these checks and maintaining of
>> the range, within the build. I _think_ it should be possible to do it,
>> but I haven't thought much about it yet.
>>
>> -Jaikiran

>>> If I understand what you're saying correctly, what you describe is the
>>> way it's meant to be. A quick scan shows it follows that pattern, except
>>> for CMP which didn't have multiple lines in the table. I fixed that. If
>>> there are others that don't follow the pattern they should be fixed.

James R. Perkins
Red Hat JBoss Middleware