[wildfly-dev] package name change a good idea?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu May 2 11:59:54 EDT 2013

On 05/02/2013 11:31 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> On 5/2/13 7:59 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
>> But doesn't it make it much harder for EAP 6.0 -> Wildfly upstream?
>>

> I guess you're mostly concerned about this statement?
>
>   >>>       Old packages could be renamed only when the got some big
>   >>>       upgrade/change that would break compatibility anyway.
>
> I vote that we do that very, very rarely, and with lots of discussion
> first. Just my 2 cents, but I don't see any renaming happening for a
> looonnng time for externally consumable API.

I've been moving some JPA related code (SPI/API) to org.jipijapa but
will keep deprecated org.jboss.as.jpa classes around that extend the new
ones.

This won't impact the JPA (EE) container code, which still be in WildFly
8 (via the current org.jboss.as.jpa package.)

Is there any reason to use org.wildfly at all?  Or could we keep
org.jboss.* as long as possible?