[wildfly-dev] Classpath management for as7.2 / eap6.1 / wildfly

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Tue May 7 13:35:18 EDT 2013

On 05/07/2013 08:25 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> 2. Packaging JBDS Facet definitions in a well-defined place which
> includes the class path information for each technology
>
> We can definitely do #1 without any substantial effort.  For #2 we would
> definitely count on input from you guys (we have no idea what these
> definitions look like, though it does seem clear we'd have to use build
> information in part to generate these files to ensure the exact JAR
> paths (or at least Maven GAV) are properly specified).

I would be very very very happy with a slimmed down version of #2, where
I simply provide you a list of modules, or GAVs (I prefer modules), and
you provide me a list of jars.

org.jboss.dmr, javax.ejb.api, etc.   We can easily do the facet mapping
on OUR end and won't require that work from you. All we really need from
you is where if we can provide you a module name (and slot), you can
tell us what jar is the current one to use as it relates to layers and
patching and all that.

While we're on the topic, it might be nice if you recursively got the
dependencies and added them to the return list. ;)