[wildfly-dev] Windows Batch Scripts

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri May 31 12:53:20 EDT 2013

On 5/29/13 11:39 PM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
>> Yes, WFLY-676 has the wrong title. It should be "Preserve James Perkins' Sanity".
>
> Remember also to change the type to "Enhancement" in that case ;-)
>
> But on the topic, is this related to
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-223 ?

I don't see WFLY-676 and WFLY-223 as being part of the same task.

> Or is the whole native
> connector/prunsrv JBossWeb-related?

No. prunmgr.exe and prunsrv.exe are general usage executables from
Apache Commons.[1]

> What is the correct way of
> starting WF as a windows service (and are there batch scripts that
> need to be converted there)?

AIUI, to install as a service, it's

prunsrv.exe install path\to\[standalone|domain].bat

I confess I haven't tried this. I've never seen any other Windows
startup scripts besides standalone/domain.bat.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html
Principal Software Engineer