[wildfly-dev] JMX authentication

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 08:59:58 EDT 2013

Hi All:

One of JBossTools' manual tests is showing something strange in the jmx
framework, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Specifically,
against eap6.2 ER5.

Our code typically just loads jboss-client.jar from the appropriate
server installation's bin/client folder onto the threads classloader,
and then tries to open a jmx connection.

Since JMX is now done over management, I would expect it to behave
similarly to management. When connecting to management apis, credentials
are only requested if you are connecting from a different server, or the
same server but as a user without permissions on the server folder.  JMX
is not behaving this way, and is requiring credentials even when
connected to on the same machine by the same user with all appropriate
filesystem permissions.

As far as I can tell, as7x works in the way that's expected (similar to
management). it's only eap6.2 and wildfly that's behaving this way,
requiring credentials even when on the same machine launched from the
same user, same permissions, etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Rob Stryker, JBossTools

Is this a regression or is this an intentional change?