[wildfly-dev] Configurable implicit module imports

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Sep 12 09:11:50 EDT 2013

The whole JSON-JAXRS support is a *bleepin* mess....

* You have old users that want to use Jettison to generate JSON from JAXB.
* You have new users that want to use Jackson to generate JSON from JAXB.
* Jackson 1.x is a completely different Java package than Jackson 2.x.
With that you have old users that want to use 1.x new users that want to
use 2.x.

Given that, it would be nice to have one place where they can set up the
default implicit imports that come with Resteasy/JAX-RS subsystem.
Someplace where they could configure this without it being hardcoded so
we can support older apps that are migrating to Wildfly .  Quite
honestly I scratch my head trying to figure out why you guys decided it
was a good idea to hardcode implicit module imports.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat