[wildfly-dev] wildfly 8 client library now requires Java 7 ?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 06:07:09 EDT 2013

I bumped into this error while trying out wildfly 8.

An internal error occurred during: "Starting wildfly-8.0.0.Alpha4".
org/jboss/as/controller/client/helpers/standalone/DeploymentPlanBuilder : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Seems like the client library we use to control present and past servers now require Java 7.

Is this expected ?

We can go back using older libraries for JBoss AS 7/EAP 6 and would have to mark that you can't actually talk with
Wildfly 8 libraries without Java 7 - but before doing that I wanted to check if this is expected or not?

Thanks,
/max