[wildfly-dev] WF 8.0 HTTP Upgrade help needed

Przemyslaw Bielicki pbielicki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:52:19 EDT 2014

As I showed  I'm not able to read and write at the same time using
non-blocking IO, as promised by Servlet 3.1. I'm able to read using
non-blocking IO but my writes are blocking and I'm looking for the solution.

Regarding concurrent access, HTTP Upgrade promises that the upgraded
protocol will be full-duplex, so I should be able to read and write
concurrently but I'm not.

Another comment is that Servlets 3.1 is actually async ONLY from the server
point of view - the client is still blocked because HTTP 1.1 is synchronous
(we have to wait for HTTP 2.0 to solve this). Here Upgrade should help as
it is a pure TCP, so I'm the master of my protocol and I'm no longer bound
to HTTP - I can be as asynchronous as I want. Unfortunately Servlet 3.1 API
does not respect this.

It looks like the specification is not meeting the promises given....