[wildfly-dev] issues with modules name differences in wildfly vs jboss eap (mvn scope and duplicate jar files)

hanasaki at gmail.com hanasaki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:35:57 EDT 2014

wildfly modules
	* include some open source non-JBoss modules
	* named the same as in Internet maven repositories
JBoss eap commercial product modules AND maven eap repo zip download
	* include the same modules as wildfly
	* named differently : suffixed with ex: "-redhat-3"
	* some might have been named ".redhat-3"

1. Should my projects use the internet version of the open source libs
that are provided as JBoss modules or the JBoss modules by name?
2. If using the jboss modules by name (and jboss specific version
number) they I assume the maven pom.xml would depend on them as
	<scope>provided</scope>
	instead of
	<scope>compile</scope>
	???
3. If using the modules from jboss/wildfly as "provided"
	- how to build one WAR/EAR that deploys on wildfly and eap?
4. if depending on a jboss "-redhat-3" version, this will depend on the
other app server provided modules.  There is an issue if the project
uses X and A below.
	X-1.2.3-redhat-_ depends on Y-..-redhat-_ from the repo zip
		which is OK
	A-5.6.7 depends on Y all not from the mvn repo zip
		which is OK
	project depends on X (in repo zip) and A (not in repo zip)
		NOT OK - project gets Y (internet) and Y (from repo zip)
	based on maven build