[wildfly-dev] Proposal for improving handling complex types in CLI

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 04:01:52 EDT 2014

I've already commented on the gist, but for the record here's my point if view:

+1 on the custom operation for list/map modifications.

But I am against the write-attribute changes and generic complex attributes . IMO we'd better be explicit about complex attributes and limit it to certain usecases:

write-attribute is for simple attributes only and yields an error for complex types
no support for generic complex attributes. these should become (child) resources themselves
introduce an explicit ModelType.LIST and ModelType.MAP (i think the former already exists)

/Heiko