[wildfly-dev] The Big Log ID Change: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/5906

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 10:50:17 EST 2014

It's right there in the topic.  James and I have carried out the change
discussed in [1] and elsewhere, and have split all the old "JBAS" codes
into specific "WFLYxxx" codes.  The pull request is divided into one
commit per Maven module for easier review.

I request that every subsystem or component maintainer please review the
part of the commit that pertains to their piece, and please post
comments on the PR itself [2].

In addition, I want to discuss a few cases where modules are using
message bundles and loggers from neighboring modules.  This is going to
become a problem when we do the distribution split-up.

Finally, one small matter I want to sort out is that we have several
modules which use a project-specific code for IllegalArugmentExceptions
that pertain specifically to null parameters, whereas some do not use a
code for this case and just throw the exception.

My feeling is we should either (a) don't use a code for this kind of
thing, or (b) come up with a "common" module or code space+project code
which every project can reuse, so we just have one code that universally
means "the parameter can't be null".

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2013-July/000428.html
[2] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/5906
--