[wildfly-dev] Issues accessing UserTransaction in WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 21:44:55 EST 2014

Hmm, looks like I was looking at the wrong EJB spec section.  Should of
been looking at:

"
8.6.3.10 Handling of getUserTransaction Method

If an instance of an enterprise bean with container-managed transaction
demarcation attempts to invoke the getUserTransaction method of the
EJBContext interface, the container must throw the
java.lang.IllegalStateException.
"

The pull request https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/3213 has more
context about what happened (we used to throw the ISE pre-AS7, AS 7.0
didn't throw the ISE and we are now throwing it again).

org.jboss.seam.transaction.Transaction.getUserTransaction() shouldn't be
used in a CMT.  I'm not sure of how to avoid that (perhaps some Seam
configuration?)