[wildfly-dev] localhost:8080 always has AS 7 running, even right after reboot

tjc tconway556 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 22:58:34 EST 2014

How can I disable as 7 from starting automatically whenever I login to my pc
?
I need to use other app servers on this port.

I am using jboss-as-7.1.1.Final, standalone config, more or less out of the
box.

Right after booting and logging in, if I browse to localhost:8080 the as 7
server screen will be there and tell me it is running. (no other apps have
been started)

I want it to only start when I tell it to.

trying to stop it using the cli just gets me an error saying:
"The controller is not available at localhost:9999"