[wildfly-dev] 8.2 Release Plan

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Jun 2 06:49:20 EDT 2014

On 01/06/14 06:13, Jason Greene wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Since we were forced to pull the CDI 1.1 update out of 8.1 (TCK rules), and the work was already completed, I have added an 8.2 into jira, with a primary focus on delivering this important update. This release is dependent on an EE7 TCK update allowing it in, so I unfortunately can’t yet set a date for the release. While the focus should be on 9, I am leaving the 8.x branch open for high priority bug fixes that can be included with the CDI update.
>
> As in the past, I need two pull requests for every proposed addition to 8.x, one against master, and the other against the 8.x branch. Please prefix the subject of the pull request with [8.x].

I think this is better, whilst Kabir's wildfly-next branch did enable
some WildFly 9 specific fixes whilst still working on 8 making sure all
changes were correctly ported to WildFly 9 was more problematic - the
two pull requests means the original author takes care of this.

As there is still a possibility of further changes in 8 I believe this
is going to mean any schema updates in 9 are going to require a major
bump of the schema version whilst in 8 it would require a minor bump in
version, using a minor bump in 9 would risk blocking the ability to bump 8.