[wildfly-dev] CDI overhead

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 06:03:59 EDT 2014

I guess that the Weld subsystem is enabled for your deployment because
the deployment contains session beans. CDI is required to be enabled for
such deployments since CDI 1.1 (even though CDI may not actually be used
by your application).

Alternatively to removing the Weld subsystems you can:

1) Suppress implicit bean archives - only archives with explicit
beans.xml file will trigger CDI enablement. See
http://weld.cdi-spec.org/documentation/#4

2) Enable CDI contexts for certain URL subset only:
http://docs.jboss.org/weld/reference/2.2.2.Final/en-US/html/configure.html#context.mapping

Jozef