[wildfly-dev] Map/Reduce proposal, next steps

Emanuel Muckenhuber emuckenh at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 11:14:05 EST 2014

On 11/11/14 10:52, Heiko Braun wrote:

> For the web console it would be really beneficial to include the map/reduce proposal in the next major release (Wildfly 9). Are there any objections if we move ahead prepare a PR that provides an additional top level operation with the functionality described in Haralds previous email?
>
>>From my point of view it should well encapsulated in a distinct operation handler and thus I don't expect much side effects.

Since this came up last week i've been looking a bit into whether we can
make wildcard operations working properly across processes. The main
issue seems to be some details when we determine the operation routing
in the domain.

I assume registering the operation at the root and passing the address
as a separate parameter (not called address) is mainly necessary because
of issues we are having executing composite operations targeting
wildcards in the domain?

I need to do some more investigation, but maybe i can help you with some
details getting this to work, so that the map/reduce operation would
work similar to the read-resource operation. I guess this won't change
too much of your work, it would however allow us to be more consistent
with other operations and reuse the "address" param.

Emanuel