[wildfly-dev] Regression in Java EE 7 HOL

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 17:26:24 EST 2014

It's actually related to JSF upgrade. In the past @ViewScoped and
@FlowScoped were not marked as passivating scopes but effectively they
were as JSF was putting these objects into session (causing
Serialization errors at runtime). In Mojarra 2.2.7 they fixed this [1]
by defining these scopes as passivating.

Since these scopes are now passivating Weld checks whether they can
really be passivated. Since Booking does not implement Serializable,
Weld fails the deployment.

[1] https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-3250