[wildfly-dev] IPv6 testing changes

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 05:51:45 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

JGroups update <https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/6805> exposed a
problem with our ipv6 testing on our CI.
To fix that we had to modify the network configuration on all build agents
and config how ipv6 testsuite is ran.

As part of work we also simplified testing on ipv6 where now all you
need to pass to testsuite is -Dipv6.

for anyone of you that runs ipv6 testsuite locally on linux add this config
for your network:

# Allow loopback to multicast
ip -6 route add table local local ff13::/16 dev lo metric 5

# Add an additional "unique" address to lo for clustering tests
ifconfig lo add fccc::2/128

Anyone that has currently open PR that is not merged yet, to rebase them
as otherwise you will get clustering & domain ipv6 related  test failures.

--
tomaz