[wildfly-dev] Issues in wildfly-javaee7-webapp-blank-archetype

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:54:27 EDT 2014

Generated an app as ...

mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=test -DartifactId=test
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.wildfly.archetype
-DarchetypeArtifactId=wildfly-javaee7-webapp-blank-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=8.1.0.Final

The app has the following files:

./src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/beans.xml
./src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
./src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/test-ds.xml

- beans.xml and faces-config.xml are using java.sun.com-style
namespaces instead of xmlns.jcp.org-style namespaces.

Filed as https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-4030

- What is the purpose of test-ds.xml ? It contains:

<datasources xmlns="http://www.jboss.org/ironjacamar/schema"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.jboss.org/ironjacamar/schema
http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/schema/datasources_1_0.xsd">
    <!-- The datasource is bound into JNDI at this location. We reference
        this in META-INF/persistence.xml -->
    <datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/testDS"
        pool-name="test" enabled="true"
        use-java-context="true">
        <connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:test;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1</connection-url>
        <driver>h2</driver>
        <security>
            <user-name>sa</user-name>
            <password>sa</password>
        </security>
    </datasource>
</datasources>

This is anyway the default Java EE 7 data source in WildFly.

- src/main/META-INF/persistence.xml refers to this datasource. That
can be removed as well because of the default Java EE 7 data source.

Seems like these are left overs from previous time ?

Can this be cleaned up ? Xavier and I are planning to use this
archetype for our talk at Devoxx in the next few days and would like a
cleaner generated app.

Arun
--
http://blog.arungupta.me