[wildfly-dev] Customizing a provisioned server

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 17:23:36 EDT 2014

Yes, the CLI can be used as a library. But it works via remote
communication, which IMHO is not something we should be doing here.

Running the server embedded in the tool with no ports open is fine though.

I think if people want to configure the server remotely they should
launch it and use one of the existing tools.

On 9/4/14, 4:14 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> I thought that it was already possible to use the CLI in library mode?
>
> The tool will have access to a full server at the point it needs to do
> this (as the server has already been provisioned), so it could
> potentially just load the CLI lib from the provisioned server and use that.
>
> Stuart
>
> Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> Not necessarily. Everything in the end speaks the underlying management
>> API. But that doesn't mean the syntax needs to be the raw dmr or json
>> equivalent.
>>
>> This is primarily about UX and parsing. If we supported CLI syntax
>> there's no requirement to also parse basic DMR. The CLI itself doesn't.
>>
>> If we support CLI syntax though it seems logical to use the CLI libs
>> themselves to do it. Otherwise we are maintaining two code bases for the
>> same thing. (I doubt the CLI parsing code can easily be extracted out
>> for reuse, although I may be wrong.)
>>
>> On 9/4/14, 2:05 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>> 2) builds on 3), right?

Senior Principal Software Engineer