[wildfly-dev] 9.0.0.Alpha1 Released

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Sep 15 16:41:12 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

I just pushed Alpha1, which was a bit delayed due to testsuite issues that cropped up at the last minute:

wildfly.org/downloads/

The biggest changes are:

- Built off our new feature provisioning tool which is layered on the now separate core distribution
- New servlet distribution based on above (we are calling it web lite until we can come up with a better name):
https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/developer/org/wildfly/wildfly-web-dist/9.0.0.Alpha1/wildfly-web-dist-9.0.0.Alpha1.zip
- Architecture now supports server suspend mode (graceful shutdown)
  + Although only Undertow + EJB3 use this so far, additional subsystems need to be updated
- Notification support in the management APIs

Overall 256 fixes and improvements were included in this release:
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313721&version=12324890

Enjoy!

--
Jason T. Greene