[wildfly-dev] Adding jar to WAR from DeploymentProcessor

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 08:32:19 EDT 2014

The Keycloak auth server allows third-parties to add providers using the
ServiceLoader.  To do this, you need to open Keycloak's auth-server.war
and drop your jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory.

I'd like to eliminate opening the WAR and have a DeploymentProcessor
look in a particular directory and add the jar at deployment time. What
is the cleanest way to do that?

Bonus points if you tell me that I can treat the service provider jar as
a deployment and let the user upload it via CLI. :-)

Thanks,

Stan