[wildfly-dev] arquillian-container-karaf-managed

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 23 04:49:43 EDT 2015

Hi,

does it have to be Arquillian? In Search and Validator we are using Pax Exam[1]
for Karaf integration tests. See for example OsgiIntegrationTest [2] in Validator.

It works quite well, but no matter whether Pax Exam or Arquillian it gets painful
once you need to debug the tests. There it is often the best approach to have a local
Karaf instance into which you deploy your features to verify that it actually deploys.

From my conversations with Brett I concluded that the Arquillian approach is more fragile than
Pax Exam, but I don't have actual experience with Arquillian + Karaf.

--Hardy

[1] https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam
[2] https://github.com/hferentschik/hibernate-validator/blob/HV-978/osgi/integrationtest/src/test/java/org/hibernate/validator/osgi/integrationtest/OsgiIntegrationTest.java