[wildfly-dev] Migration management operation - open questions

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:24:11 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Brian Stansberry <
brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

> In a domain, yes. The migration of a subsystem in one profile does not
> mean the extension is unavailable for use in another profile.
>
> I don't have a strong opinion about this in standalone.

Standalone shouldn't boot in non admin mode with legacy extensions, as they
are only allowed to run in host controller and in admin mode.
At least that is the contract of AbstractLegacyExtension that all
deprecated / legacy extensions extend(ed)

Recently(as part of adding :migrate op) some of legacy extensions ware
changed back to not use AbstractLegacyExtension,
but that was probably just because we haven't defined in what the lifecycle
they should run given that they have migrate operation defined.