[wildfly-dev] Migration management operation - open questions

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 05:28:22 EDT 2015

> On 14 Aug 2015, at 08:32, Stuart Douglas <stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a PR that builds on Brian's work for the web migrate op: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/7931
>
> Output is:
>
> Standard EAP config (no warnings or errors):
>
> [standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=web:migrate
> {
>     "outcome" => "success",
>     "result" => {"migration-warnings" => []}
> }

I wonder if we should generalize this and move the warnings outside the result.
The warnings could go in the response headers for example as a LIST of STRING.

The result output would be something like:

{
    "outcome" : "success",
    "result" : { … }
    "response-headers" : [{
        "warnings" : [
           “warning 1”,
           “warning 2”
        ]
    }]
}

This would help our clients (CLI and HAL) handle them appropriately regardless of the invoked operation. And this would not “pollute” the operation’s result type.

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat