[wildfly-dev] Using Wildfly as a load balancer

denstar valliantster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:23:08 EST 2015

On 01/12/2015 09:55 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> Yes, if you use this then it is no longer necessary to use apache as a load
> balancer.

This is fantastic news Stuart!

I was just about to roll out something that bundles apache -- mostly for
mod_cluster support, and URL rewriting -- and I'd prefer to go this
route (ha!).

I was going to ask about the latter-- that is, rewriting, but saw this:
 https://developer.jboss.org/thread/236258

Which I might give a go at, vs. tuckey... tho UrlRewriteFilter has some
stuff for being able to consume apache-style rewrite rules, which kinda
eases the minds of some potential transitioners, as it were.  I haven't
checked it in a while however, and it only covered a subset back then,
which I kinda doubt has changed, so... *shrug*

Anyways, I just wanted to take a second and give some kudos, and let you
all know some random person is excited about this.  Good timing!

:Denny