[wildfly-dev] Using feature packs for custom distributions

Bob McWhirter bmcwhirt at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 10:02:05 EDT 2015

>> For our use-case this would also be addressed by wildfly providing a feature-pack definition that’s somewhere between servlet-feature-pack and full-feature-pack - as long as it contains datasources support, and jaxrs support …
>
> I think this is a good idea, to skip optional deps.

This is what wildfly-swarm does.

We consume the WF feature-packs, but only solve the tree from a few root module.xml’s to extract only the subset we need.

And if it’s optional=“true”, we pretend we don’t need it.  That helps a lot.

Also, as soon as something pulls in weld, you’re pretty screwed, since weld then depends on most everything else, many times non-optionally.

	-Bob