[wildfly-dev] Module dependencies WF10

Jaikiran Pai jai.forums2013 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:17:49 EDT 2015

Hi Jason,

On Wednesday 17 June 2015 08:44 PM, Jason T. Greene wrote:

>> On Jun 17, 2015, at 10:08 AM, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wednesday 17 June 2015 07:56 PM, John O'Hara wrote:
>>> When I build WF10 in a build env. and move the built app server to a
>>> different env. I am unable to start WF10.
>> Are you sure you aren't copying over the distribution from
>> WFLY_SRC_CHECKOUT_HOME/build/target/ folder? You should instead be using
>> the one from WFLY_SRC_CHECKOUT_HOME/dist/target/
> Note that you have to build with -Drelease to get that, and also you probably will need to beef up the maven max mem settings as the zip plugin seems to consume massive memory:

I just do:

mvn clean install -DskipTests=true

(and sometimes without skipTests) and it generates the binary in the
dist/target just fine. By fine, I mean, I have been able to use that
binary as if I download it from the WildFly downloads.

The one in the build/target folder though, I always run into the same
issues as others have noted here, even when I have full access to the
Maven repo (just like I did while building).

-Jaikiran