[wildfly-dev] Reading Mgt Model from a Servlet

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue May 26 17:51:18 EDT 2015

Nope. Although I would use newCachedThreadPool instead, as the fixed thread pool of 5 is just wasteful.

Keep in mind this API is not something we encourage people to use from deployments, as any management op that acquires a write lock (some sort of modification), will deadlock the server if it used in the initialization path of a deployment. For this reason, we don’t publish it via any simple means
> On May 26, 2015, at 3:51 PM, Stan Silvert <ssilvert at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Some time ago, John Mazzitelli wrote a blog on how to get a local
> ModelControllerClient from within a servlet.
> http://management-platform.blogspot.com/2012/07/co-located-management-client-for.html
>
> Is there an easier way to do it these days?
>
> I need to read the attributes under /deployment=mydeployment.war/.  Is
> there an easier way to do that from the WAR than using a
> ModelControllerClient?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stan

Jason T. Greene