[wildfly-dev] Concerns about deserialization attacks

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 06:12:45 EST 2015

After talking with Emond the derialization is only possible for
authenticated users. Because we have transparent local auth for users
running under the same user as the server if you test from if you test
locally it can give different results to what an actual remote user could
see.

There is no way around this for authenticated users, protocols such as
remote EJB rely on serialization to send their data. Even then if you have
a malicious authenticated user modular class loading should prevent
exploitation of the commons-collections problem unless the deployment
depends on (or includes) common-collections.

Stuart