[wildfly-dev] SimpleRoleGroup#roles

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 11:37:03 EST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having said that, the documentation does really seem to be missing a
>> section about custom JACC providers so I went to check the TCK setup. It
>> looks like the TCK JACC providers are bundled in a jar and this jar is
>> being set as a resource of the org.jboss.as.security module. I'm not sure
>> why it was done this way but I believe it should be also possible to define
>> your own module containing the classes and then wire it to the security
>> module as a dependency instead of a resource.
>>

> Hmmm, how would one go about doing that exactly? I think I created a
> module for my custom JACC provider, then set that as a dependency for the
> security module (since that was the place the default implementation
> lives), but it again did not work (class not found exceptions). Could well
> be the case that I did something wrong, so an example would be great.

Sorry to ask again, but still wondering how to set a custom JACC provider ;)

Incidentally, I found a rather grave bug in the default JACC provider where
it checks principals purely based on their name, without taking their type
into account. See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-5740

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms