[wildfly-dev] WildFly Arquillian for Domain Servers

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 20:01:42 EDT 2015

Does anyone use wildfly-arquillian with domain servers? If so does it work?

I was processing pull request for the wildfly-arquillian [1] project.
During the process I found a pull requestion for an issue with using
arquillian on domain servers [2]. This led me to look at the to look at the
domain adapters. Looking through the code it looks quite out of date and
potentially wrong in some places. I started updating and noticed that the
tests were ignored. I re-enabled them and realized the adapter doesn't seem
to work at all.

The main issue seems to be that deployments are not rolled out to the
servers. If I change the deployment plan to rollback on error it has an
error message that states "WFLYDC0022: Operation failed or was rolled back
on all servers.". No other reason. I can start the same server used in
domain mode and execute CLI commands or use an operation identical to the
one created by the deployment plan and all seems to work fine. I assume
this issue is unique to arquillian.

I'm at the point where I don't want to invest anymore time if no one is
using arquillian for domain servers. If anyone is using it and has an
example application that you could share that would be helpful :)

I propose if no one is using it, we scrap it.

If people *are* using it I propose we do a redesign it a bit. There's
mainly some things exposed I don't think should be exposed. I could keep
compatibility too fairly easily. It would be about the same amount of work
either way I think.

If anyone else has other ideas I'm open to that as well.

[1]: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-arquillian
[2]: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-1971

--
James R. Perkins