[wildfly-dev] trying to run subsystem extension in host controller

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 15:38:20 EDT 2016

>>> On 25 Apr 2016, at 18:39, Kabir Khan <kabir.khan at jboss.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems you have hit some of the tweaks needed that I mentioned :)
>>>
>>> I'll try to explain a bit below. Other things to look out for are that all the paths relating to data, configuration paths etc. have a different name in the HC to on a server (see the constants in ServerEnvironment vs HostControllerEnvironment).

>>> In a HC you need to depend on the DomainModelControllerService instead, it's name is in DomainModelControllerService.SERVICE_NAME.
>>> Both services contain a ModelController, you will need to choose the name to depend on according to the process type.

I filed a JIRA[1] for getting rid of the need to use a different code
path for this one depending on what the process type is. But I don't
want to rush to make that change so it's better if you go ahead and use
different code paths for now.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-1507

Senior Principal Software Engineer