[wildfly-dev] Deploying JSR 352 job as a module

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 18 03:59:43 EDT 2016

Hi,

Is there any example which shows how to deploy a JSR 352 batch job via a
module added to WildFly rather than through a deployed application? This
batch job should then be usable from applications which declare a
dependency to that module.

Trying this, I'm getting an error saying that the batch job's XML
descriptor cannot be found [1]. I.e. the module with the batch job is
visible to the deployed application (as the MassIndexer class can be
accessed), but then JBeret cannot "see" the job XML descriptor within that
module.

Is there anything I can configure in the module.xml of the batch job's
module for exposing its contents to JBeret?

The use case is Hibernate Search where a GSoC student is working on a JSR
352 batch job for re-indexing entities. This job eventually should be part
of Hibernate Search's modules, allowing users to run it if Hibernate Search
is enabled for their application.

Thanks for any pointers,

--Gunnar

[1] Exception: javax.batch.operations.JobStartException: JBERET000601:
Failed to get job xml file for job mass-index.xml
    at
org.jberet.creation.ArchiveXmlLoader.getJobXml(ArchiveXmlLoader.java:129)
    at
org.jberet.creation.ArchiveXmlLoader.loadJobXml(ArchiveXmlLoader.java:91)
    at org.jberet.operations.JobOperatorImpl.start(JobOperatorImpl.java:102)
    at org.hibernate.search.jsr352.MassIndexer.start(MassIndexer.java:90)
    at
org.hibernate.search.jsr352.PerformanceIT.testNewMassIndexer(PerformanceIT.java:167)