[wildfly-dev] Proposal: Batch Job Visibility Restrictions

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 20:09:08 EST 2016

Currently a deployment can view, stop, restart or abandon any batch job
that has been submitted or has been executed that exists in the job
repository. This includes batch jobs from other deployments if the job
repository is shared, which is the default. I cannot however start a batch
job from another deployment.

I'm proposing we limit visibility so that a deployment can only access jobs
which belong to that deployment.

I'd like to get some opinions on this.

There are some, possibly unacceptable, repercussions. For example if a user
has a deployment that displays information about batch jobs for all
deployments this change would break that. However it does seem wrong to
allow any deployment using a shared repository to stop, start or abandon a
job from a different deployment.

One, probably more complicated, option would be to have an attribute on the
job-repository to allow jobs to be visible to any deployment with access to
the job-repository.

--
James R. Perkins