[wildfly-dev] Versions in JBoss Modules

Jaikiran Pai jai.forums2013 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 05:57:21 EDT 2016

Hi David,

- In the absence of an explicit module version (given that it is noted
as optional) on module A and at the same time there being a module which
is also module A with version 1.0.1, what would be semantics in terms of
module resolution when this module A is added as an dependency in some
other module?

- Would a module dependency (via <dependencies>) have to explicitly list
a module version? I guess not - in which case what would be the module
resolution logic when more than 1 module with different versions are
present in the system?

- In the updated module.xml schema, I don't see a way to specify the
version of a dependency. Is it even possible to refer to a specific
versioned module in the dependency?

-Jaikiran