[wildfly-dev] Wildfly Provisioning

Ken Wills ken at zaptillion.net
Tue Jun 14 10:31:49 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:53 AM, Stuart Douglas <stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Recently a few of us had a meeting to discuss a new provisioning/patching
> system for Wildfly. I have written up the notes for this meeting which are
> at [1].
>

> The document contains the full details, but the basic idea is to design a
> provisioning/patching/package management system for Wildfly and downstream
> products. This will not be based on our existing patching or feature pack
> code, but should take over the responsibilities of both.
>
> Obviously this is still in the early stages, and any feedback is welcome.
>
> Stuart
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/stuartwdouglas/wildfly-provisioning/blob/master/docs/src/main/asciidoc/design-doc.asciidoc
>
> Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the doc!

It wasn't quite clear to me from the 'Multiple FS Locations', section, but
would the provisioning tool take a list of installed servers and attempt
the same operation on them all (for example applying a the relevant patch
to each individual server), or is it expected to operate on one server at a
time?

Ken