[wildfly-dev] server-state / host-state attributes

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 21:39:47 EDT 2016

On 3/28/16 4:49 PM, James Perkins wrote:
> Shouldn't there be a STOPPED state too for domain servers?

Yes, good point. The
org.jboss.as.host.controller.resources.StoppedServerResource will need
to handle this runtime-configuration-state attribute the same way it
handles server-state.

Also should
> it include SUSPENDING, SUSPENDED and RESUMING as well?

No, that's a separate attribute because it's reporting on a different
thing. See discussion leading up to
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2014-June/002360.html

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Ken Wills <ken at zaptillion.net
> <mailto:ken at zaptillion.net>> wrote:
>
>     This is an older issue that I looked at last week. The fix is mostly
>     trivial, but the associated naming wasn't obvious.
>
>     https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-43
>
>     As a result of the discussion, we're leaning towards:
>
>     runtime-configuration-state: {STARTING, OK, STOPPING,
>     RELOAD_REQUIRED, RESTART_REQUIRED}
>
>     host-state and server-state will be preserved for compatability,
>     with the new OK state mapped back to RUNNING.
>
>     Thoughts / comments?
>
>     Ken

> James R. Perkins
> JBoss by Red Hat