[wildfly-dev] EJB over HTTP

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Wed May 4 01:50:22 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I have started looking into support for service invocation over HTTP.
Unlike our existing HTTP upgrade support this will map EJB
requests/responses directly to HTTP requests and responses, which should
allow it to be used behind existing load balancers.

I have started an initial description of the protocol at:
https://github.com/stuartwdouglas/wildfly-http-client/blob/master/docs/wire-spec-v1.asciidoc

The intention is to follow HTTP semantics as closely as possible.
Clustering will be provided in a similar manner to web clustering (i.e. it
will require a load balancer, and work in a similar manner to web
clustering).

There is still plenty work that needs to be done (especially around
security), so if anyone has any feedback let me know.

Stuart