[wildfly-dev] 10.1 Thoughts and Call for Ready Features

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri May 20 18:10:05 EDT 2016

Just an FYI, if you have a change that changes management API, you'll
need to bump the subsystem API and set up a transformer to the 10.0
version. Same as always. Just keep that in mind if you propose something
for 10.1. If the change is small but you expect other changes in 11, do
you want to go through the effort of the version bump in 10.1?

On 5/20/16 4:45 PM, Jason Greene wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I’d like to cut a 10.1 fairly soon, preferably in the next 2-3 weeks. My thinking is to take everything that is not explicitly tagged as 11.x and merge it ASAP. Really this should just be anything that doesn’t add instability, or introduces a half-finished API that we then have to support (the obvious exception is experimental capabilities that we denote as such). This is a bit of a departure from what I was suggesting earlier, where we we would cherry-pick major items into a separate branch, so if you have any concerns now is the time to raise them.
>
> This release would be a good opportunity to include features that are ready to go (suitable for a final release in 2-3 weeks) but didn’t make 10.0 (I have a feeling Sanne has been itching for some updates to search!). If you have something then send a PR (noting that you want it in 10.1) or raise your figurative hand :)..
>
> Thoughts?
> --
> Jason T. Greene
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat